The program will be conducted full time in 4 years.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
The programme is designed:
i) To produce graduates who are able to use sound computational principles and techniques in solving real worldproblems across different application areas.
ii) To produce graduates who are capable of applying efficient and effective scientific approach and tools in designing and building high quality computer programs.
iii) To produce graduates who are capable to plan, analyze, design and implement large scale software projects utilising quality software projects and products.
iv) To produce graduates who are able to communicate effectively across different range of contexts and audiences.
v) To produce graduates who are able to independently conduct lifelong learning and adapt readily to changingsituations.
vi) To produce graduates who are able to demonstrate consistent professional ethics with high integrity.
YEAR 1 (Semester I)
- Technology & Information System
- Discrete Structures
- Programming Technique I
- Digital Logic
- Malaysia Dynamic
- Art, Custom and Beliefs of Malaysia (International Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (TITAS)
- Bahasa Melayu untuk Komunikasi (International students)
YEAR 1 (Semester II)
- Computational Mathematics
- Programming Technique II
- Network Communications
- Probability & Statistical Data Analysis
- Academic English Skills
- Science, Technology & Human
YEAR 2 (Semester I)
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Data Structures and Algorithm
- Computer Organisation and Architecture
- Human Computer Interaction
- Advanced Academic English Skills
YEAR 2 (Semester II)
- Web Programming
- Object Oriented Programming
- Software Engineering
- Operating Systems
- Elective Courses – Choose 1 (3 Credits)
- Requirements Engineering & Software Modelling
- Software Project Management
YEAR 3 (Semester I)
- Theory of Computer Science
- Innovation & Creativity Subcluster – Choose 1 from 3 electives
- Elective Courses – Choose 4 (13 Credits)
- Applications Development
- Artificial Intelligence
- Internet Programming
- Software Quality Assurance
- Knowledge-based & Expert System
YEAR 3 (Semester II)
- Software Engineering Project I
- Technopreneurship Seminar
- Fundamentals of Technopreneurship
- English for Professional Purpose Elective Courses – Choose 3 (9 Credits)
- Software Design & Architecture
- Computational Intelligence
- Programming Technique III
- Special Topics in Software Engineering
YEAR 4 (Semester I)
- Industrial Training (HW)
- Industrial Training Report
YEAR 4 (Semester II)
- Software Engineering Project II
- Elective Foreign Language
- Elective Courses – Choose 3 (9 Credits)
- Software Construction
- Real-time Software Engineering
- Web Technology
- Agent-Oriented Software Engineering
To graduate, students MUST:
- i) Achieve a total of 128 credit hours with a minimum CPA of 2.0.
- ii) Pass industrial training (equivalent to 12 credit hours), of which 4 credits will be graded & 8 credits as HW status;
iii) Complete the Software Engineering Project.
Graduates of the programme can work as a Software Engineer, Software Project Engineer, Systems Analyst, Systems Engineer, Software Quality Engineer, Software Configuration Engineer, Software Architect, Software Process Engineer, Software Test Engineer, Software Maintainer, Academician, Researcher, and Software Designer